Mick Boogie Presents: Mmmxbeats & Rnr Are Purple Monkey Sircus


It appears that people are really feeling a new creative freedom in rap music. Shows like 106 & Park are starting to reached beyond the usual when it comes to music. I saw the Retro Kidz video "New Era" on there and they jam some N.E.R.D joints from time to time too. Even on the radio, at least where I am, they seem to be expanding their horizons. This is a good thing to me. I listen to just as much mainstream rap as I do underground and mixtape rap. This new section of rap, which many have labeled hipster rap, seems to be poised to break through to the masses. I hate labels but I do think that they are sometimes needed.I came across this new joint this morning on my favorite mixtape site, Datpiff.com. It is called Mick Boogie Presents: Mmmxbeats & Rnr Are Purple Monkey Sircus. Mick Boogie is known for his artful styling and innovation in the mixtape game and this outing is no exception. I don't know anything about Purple Monkey Circus other than the fact that they are from Cleveland. I think you will find something on this tape that you can jam to. I'm feeling this newness in rap and I am so damn ready for a change. Back in the days we heard A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul side by side with Kool G Rap and Ice-T. Go ahead and check it out. It's about time.

2 comments:

Dee90 said...

THE CD IS STR8 IF I LISTENIN 2 IT MOVE I MIGHT LOVE IT.

Taylor Monet said...

i love this mixtape!!!!!!!!!!!!!