Notorious


I must admit, at first I was not too excited about seeing the Notorious movie. Now, for some reason, I can't wait to go see it. B.I.G was such a charismatic rapper and in all actuality he was the epitome of Brooklyn. He was an incredibly versatile lyricist(think Let's Ride feat. Bone Thugs). He was also one of the illest story tellers in rap. He spit major flame on "I Got a Story to Tell" and "Warning." He also had cool laid back joints like "Whats Beef" or his verse on "You Can't Stop the Reign". Then he had some of the best mixtape songs like the still bananas "Real Niggas do Real Things" or his verse he spit on the Funkmaster Flex 60 minutes of Funk Vol.2 Freestyle feat. the Lox. Incredible. Who could forget songs like "One More Chance" remix and "Big Poppa"? These songs make it possible for the self proclaimed, "black and ugly as ever" rapper to be considered a ladies man. I could go on and on and on about the heat and why he is my fave. Canibus held BIG down with one of the most selfless rhymes I have ever heard. On his scathing diss record to L.L. Cool J, "2nd Round K.O."he said, "the greatest rapper of all time died on March 9th." While some may not see this as such a big deal, rap music is very competitive and for him to call Biggie the G.O.A.T that was a graceful move. When I got the news of his death I was devastated. Through B.I.G's music I felt like I knew him which is a connection that is hard to achieve these days. I knew that rap music would never be the same again and that feeling has yet to be proven wrong. While there are still nice artist out there the game is not the same. I've heard that Gravy did an excellent job in his portrayal of B.I.G and I will get to see on January 16th. Here is the Juicy video.

No comments: